Bezaire, Ledwitz & Borncamp offers complete representation to families throughout Southern California in estate litigation, probate and family law.
Samuel Ledwitz, Caroline Borncamp and two of our “of counsel” attorneys have been certified by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization in the area of Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. Samuel Ledwitz holds an advanced post-doctorate LL.M. degree in Estate Planning, and two of our “of counsel” attorneys have also earned LL.M. degrees in Taxation. As a result, very few law firms are able to match our firm’s experience and expertise.
Our attorneys’ credentials demonstrate our firm’s understanding of the complex estate planning, probate, and litigation issues. We offer convenient, knowledgeable representation in the following areas:
- Estate Planning: Our attorneys can help you plan for your family’s future and avoid a the time consuming and costly probate process. A well executed estate plan will also make sure that you health and medical care wishes are respected in case of accident or illness.
- Advanced Estate Planning: Families with substantial means require additional strategies beyond a typical estate plan, in order to reduce and offset estate tax liabilities.
- Estate Administration: Our film helps trustees and executors comply with the many duties associated with the complex task of administering an estate plan after someone has passed away.
- Probate: Our law firm effectively handles the complex process of court-ordered probate for efficient administration of the estate.
- Probate Litigation: When the need arises to challenge a will because of undue influence or problems with the grantor’s intent, our lawyers can represent you in all legal proceedings.
- Estate Litigation: We offer skilled litigation support to executors and trustees, as well as to individuals challenging the terms of a will or trust.
- Guardianships: Our law firm can help you develop plans to make sure your children are cared for the way you want, in case something happens to you and your spouse.
- Conservatorships: We can help you assure that an adult family member is taken care of when he or she has failed to plan for himself or herself.
- Special Needs Trusts: If you have a child who will soon be an adult, but who is unable to make important decisions on his or her own, our attorneys can help ensure his or her needs are taken care of as part of your estate planning.
- Charitable Giving Strategies: Our firm takes great pride in helping individuals give to charitable organizations through the estate planning process.
- Blended Family Planning: When assets and children from previous marriages involved, special estate planning strategies should be implemented.
- Same-sex Couple Planning: Unfortunately, under current law, same-sex couples are not automatically awarded the same rights as traditional married couples.
- Medi-Cal and VA Benefits Planning: We can help you preserve assets, such as the family home, car, bank accounts, jewelry and other assets of value, while securing the highest quality health care available for your loved ones.
- Health Care Directives: A health care directive will give your loved ones the guidance they need in the event you are incapacitated.